Bilingual Emergent Literacy Blog #2
Reading chapter five, and six really hit home. I began to have many flashback as I read because I was relating. What really interested me hat the United States is the second-largest Spanish-speaking population in the world, 55.6 million people can speak Spanish (woolfolk, p.1890). Growing in a Spanish-speaking household, I can relate to Emergent Literacy and Language Diversity. My parents came to the United States before I was even born. They both came from Mexico City following the dream of success.Years later, I was born into a family of five. I had three sisters and years after my youngest brother was born. One house rule my dad emphasized was speak only Spanish inside the house. During my early years, I was exposed to Spanish only. I was developing my metalinguistic awareness but in my heritage language. After entering school, I was put in a bilingual class. By this time, I had master my native language. Pu...



Comments
Post a Comment