The Struggle is real!!


 I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in 2015. I remember my doctor reviewing the medications with me and giving me instructions on how to test my blood and also encouraged me to adopt a low carbohydrate diet. Although classes were offered for education purposes, at the time I chose not to make it a priority.

 At first, I considered doing my paper on the functions of the brain; but then I thought I might change it to how diabetes affected the brain; but as I proceeded to research and read up on it, it dawned on me that I first wanted to educate myself about diabetes and hopefully educate others who could relate.  

Honestly, for a long time I didn’t take it seriously, I didn’t feel a sense of urgency to change my lifestyle. Even though, my mom had it too, it didn’t change my reaction. I figured it was age-related and I just had to learn to live with it. In my ignorance, I thought that the Metformin medication would take care of the diabetes while I continued to live the same lifestyle I always had. It never occurred to me that now I had to revolve my lifestyle around this disease. After all, there were no consequences that motivated me to change. I hadn’t, yet, experienced any serious symptoms that alarmed me. But due to my neglect, as with most cases, the body starts to deteriorate and the symptoms progress. Now my symptoms have become somewhat problematic, and out of concern, I have decided to make changes to avoid future complications.

 That’s why I decided to write my research paper on this silent killer disease. I will present a summary of the information I acquired from my research in order to inform others.

I will discuss the three types of diabetes: Type 1, Type 2 and Gestational. In addition, I will describe diabetes, including how it affects the body, the causes of this disease and potential cures.



Comments

  1. Violeta,
    Your research topic is dear to me, as my best friend has type 1 diabetes. She is managing it well, but there are times I am worried for her. There are times she wakes up at night because her blood sugar is low. In those moments she needs to eat or drink something with sugar to bring her blood sugar back up. Yes, researching topics that are so “close—to—home” are very important. I wish you the best on your journey to finding more knowledge about something that affects your health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte, As I am researching already, I have found so interesting that I was not aware of it. Type 1 diabetes is very serious.

      Delete
  2. Hello Violeta,
    I am eager to hear about your research paper. My grandma has had diabetes for many years now and she is very limited to what she can eat. She gets insulin daily depending on her sugar levels. Months ago my mother was told she was pre-diabetic and that she had to have a very healthy diet in order for her sugar levels to be normal. I found myself recalling on my mom that she had to be more healthy because it worries me that she can get like my grandma. I am very glad that you have decided to make changes that will make a positive change for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. forgot to add that I have never really research on the topic therefore I would love to learn about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guadalupe I am eager to find out about a disease that I have and did not take serious.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Module 5 Chapter 12, 14, 15 (Educational Psychology)

Teacher Interview