I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes in 2015. I remember my doctor reviewing the medications with me and giving me instructions on how to test my blood and also encouraged me to adopt a low carbohydrate diet. Although classes were offered for education purposes, at the time I chose not to make it a priority. At first, I considered doing my paper on the functions of the brain; but then I thought I might change it to how diabetes affected the brain; but as I proceeded to research and read up on it, it dawned on me that I first wanted to educate myself about diabetes and hopefully educate others who could relate. Honestly, for a long time I didn’t take it seriously, I didn’t feel a sense of urgency to change my lifestyle. Even though, my mom had it too, it didn’t change my reaction. I figured it was age-related and I just had to learn to live with it. In my ignorance, I thought that the Metformin medication would take care of the diabetes while I continued to...
Comments
Post a Comment